This Course taught by Faculty from Harvard, University of Pennsylvania, University of Heidelberg and Harvard GHC win-win initiative partners is organized as part of a collaboration between the Harvard GHC and Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Center
The goal of this course is to increase clinical understanding, and preparedness in the use of SBRT and SRS. Upon successful completion of the course, it is intended that course participants will be able to:
· Understand the rationale, clinical advantages, and risks associated with SRS/SBRT
· Have a clear view of a typical SRS/SBRT clinical workflow, including: selection of patient, pre-planning considerations, simulation, patient immobilization, imaging and motion management, SRS/SBRT treatment planning with IMRS/VMAT, QA checks, treatment delivery and follow-up
· Understand the salient differences between frame-based and frameless treatments
· Know how to evaluate SRS/SBRT treatment plans
· Know the relevant physics commissioning and routine QA procedures necessary to safely implement SRS/SBRT treatment.